Barnwell County Hospital is thankful for our volunteers. They provide special services to our patients and staff by donating their valuable time to help others.
There is a real and continuing need for volunteer assistance at BCH. Volunteers bring an extra service to the care and treatment of patients that cannot be furnished by the paid staff regardless of its size and effectiveness. Please consider becoming a part of our team and provide a smile and comfort to someone who needs it today.
There are many volunteer opportunities through our Volunteer Services Department. Some current opportunities include:
- Wheel chair Assistance
- Clerical Positions
- Reception Desk Volunteer
- Nursing Station Aide Volunteer
- Outpatient Surgery Volunteers
- Material Management Volunteers
- Medical Records
- Mail Room Sorter
- Delivering flowers, gifts and newspapers
- Reading to Patients
You are welcome to apply in person, mail or fax. Or, fill out our volunteer form and someone will contact you.
Barnwell County Hospital
811 Reynolds Road
Barnwell, SC 29812
803-259-1000 ext 4001
Benefits of being a BCH Volunteer:
- Meal Vouchers during your volunteer time
- Free Health Screening Services
- Flu Shots
- Satisfaction of helping patients and your community
- Free training and growth opportunities
Volunteers offer a variety of valuable services to our patients and their families. One of the most important is to offer a smile and kind word to those who need it. Our volunteers can make it happen - we count on you.